History-Book Forum

General Discussion => Feedback, Forum & Site functions => Topic started by: theelf29 on October 04, 2007, 03:29:09 AM



Title: Cautionary note
Post by: theelf29 on October 04, 2007, 03:29:09 AM
I'm just wondering, if you're using the dates I've furnished in the forum here, whether or not there should be some kind of disclaimer to the effect that not all dates given are "canon" as many of those I've added are a guess at what an NC placement for these figures should be. As such, they're not quoting Rohl, but me...  ;)

What do you think?


Title: Re: Cautionary note
Post by: Cush on October 04, 2007, 09:22:52 AM
Quote from: theelf29 on October 04, 2007, 03:29:09 AM
I'm just wondering, if you're using the dates I've furnished in the forum here, whether or not there should be some kind of disclaimer to the effect that not all dates given are "canon" as many of those I've added are a guess at what an NC placement for these figures should be. As such, they're not quoting Rohl, but me...  ;)

What do you think?
First of all, I trust your work. If you find synchronisms based on what Rohl has found out, then that's good enough for me. After all, Rohl would not come to his conclusions any differently, would he? Also, you have been cautious enough to add a "circa" to the dates that are uncertain. I could of course add a hint on those pages that feature such dates, but what makes the other dates "canon" really? None of the dates by Rohl are yet fixed to the precise day, and he often alters them from book to book. And in the end, if some dates should prove to be not correct they can be corrected in the blink of an eye (or two). I am confident that the work you have done surpasses most of what can be found on the internet by far.  :)


Title: Re: Cautionary note
Post by: theelf29 on October 04, 2007, 10:59:16 PM
Thank you! ;D I'm glad someone has faith in me even if I don't lol....


Title: Re: Cautionary note
Post by: Cush on October 04, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
Quote from: theelf29 on October 04, 2007, 10:59:16 PM
Thank you! ;D I'm glad someone has faith in me even if I don't lol....
I suppose then, you are just like me. You are just never content with your own work, even if it may already outrank that of all others. And that's only because you know that you can still do better while others do not know or suspect thus. ;)
My only fear right now is that my job will be getting pretty intense over the next few weeks and that when I get home I will be too braindead to contribute anything meaningful in here. I wish there were more folks like you around.  :) You don't happen to know anyone? I wish some of those folks at the Yahoo group would come here, but they seem too elitist somehow. (They rejected me because of this website, or that's what they told me)
Also, the SPAM attempts in this forum and on the website contact form have reached a point, where I have to check every other hour and remove all the rubbish. It really gets annoying by now...  ::)


Title: Re: Cautionary note
Post by: theelf29 on October 05, 2007, 02:31:54 AM
Quote from: Cush on October 04, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
I suppose then, you are just like me. You are just never content with your own work, even if it may already outrank that of all others. And that's only because you know that you can still do better while others do not know or suspect thus. ;)


Hmmm... that's an interesting way to look at it :D I am good at picking holes in everything I've done come to think of it - though, were there not imperfections, I wouldn't be able to pick quite as many..... :P
Quote from: Cush on October 04, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
My only fear right now is that my job will be getting pretty intense over the next few weeks and that when I get home I will be too braindead to contribute anything meaningful in here.


Well, the day job comes first. Without the day job, there's no finances. No finances, no internet. No internet, no talking on forum.
Quote from: Cush on October 04, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
I wish there were more folks like you around.  :) You don't happen to know anyone?


Afraid not. If I try engaging anyone in discussions around NC, I tend to get glassy stares by way of response......
Quote from: Cush on October 04, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
I wish some of those folks at the Yahoo group would come here, but they seem too elitist somehow. (They rejected me because of this website, or that's what they told me)


Really? Smacks me a bit of snooty academic know-all syndrome. >:(
Quote from: Cush on October 04, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
Also, the SPAM attempts in this forum and on the website contact form have reached a point, where I have to check every other hour and remove all the rubbish. It really gets annoying by now...  ::)


I take it you're not a fan of advertising poor fake celeb porn either then? ;)


History-Book Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.