Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2017, 10:53:37 PM

visitors since
june 16, 2005
+  History-Book Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Feedback, Forum & Site functions
| | |-+  NC manager 4.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NC manager 4.0  (Read 22564 times)
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
Re: NC manager 4.0
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »

No I don't want your source code  Roll Eyes was just an offer to help if you wanted it but I'm not really a PHP or mySQL, more C#, Javascript and Oracle. I wouldn't mind browsing the offline version though. Thanks
oh, the php/mysql is only used to access any kind of database that my webspace provider provides. The application itself is a C# WinForms application.
I will see that it compiles and give you the application and some setup instructions.
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »

NC Manager 4.0 Local
download (see next post)

Just unpack in a new folder and run the executable. It will create its needed subfolders automatically.
Create Subnodes in the main tree using the context menu thereof.

And then ask me how the rest works Wink
And give me feedback and report any bugs...

---

Here is the data I have extracted for the dates collected by David Rohl.
Unzip the data into a new folder, and set the "Local Data Path" on the settings tab to the new folder and restart the application.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:59:23 PM by Cush » Logged
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »

download NC Manager 4.0 Local for .NET Framework 3.5

To run the application you must have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your machine.

Just unpack in a new folder and run the executable. At startup the application will create its needed subfolders automatically (which are those that can bee seen on the "settings" tab of the main window).

To create new entries please use the context menu in the tree view on the left of the main window by clicking "New Subnode".
After entering a name for the new entry you can enter the properties for the entry in the "General" and "Details" tabs of the main window:

On the Details tab you must select which entry type the new entry type is of:

The entry text can be entered in the Text tab as HTML:

Don't forget to save your entry by clicking the button on the bottom left.

The browser that is used to view entries is selected by double clicking the small label next to the buttons at the bottom. Right now only Internet Explorer "IE" and Firefox "FF" can be selected.

To learn more you can register at this forum and I will approve you.
You can then ask your questions right here.
I have re-enabled registration as I have received some requests about the NC Manager in recent days. Unfortunately I also receive huge amounts of of spam through this forum, which is why I had disabled registration in the past.

Here is the data I have extracted for the dates collected by David Rohl.
Unzip the data into a new folder, and set the "Local Data Path" on the settings tab to the new folder and restart the application.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:39:58 AM by Cush » Logged
Cabby

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 12:49:31 AM »

I've now downloaded NC Manager into a second computer, and I am running into the same problem.  From what I can tell from your instructions, I am not seeing "New Subnode".  I am also still unable to save.

Both computers seem to have .NET Framework 4.0.  Is that a problem?  I am also wondering if my computer is missing something else.

Kindly,
Jon.   Undecided
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 01:18:48 AM »

I've now downloaded NC Manager into a second computer, and I am running into the same problem.  From what I can tell from your instructions, I am not seeing "New Subnode".  I am also still unable to save.

Both computers seem to have .NET Framework 4.0.  Is that a problem?  I am also wondering if my computer is missing something else.

Kindly,
Jon.   Undecided

Hmm, strange.
When the application first starts, you should be able to right-click on the "Overall Index" tree node, and then select "New Subnode" from the context menu.
You should install the .NET Framework 3.5  from Microsoft.
However, I will provide a version for .NET Framework 4.0.

here it is:
NC Manager 4.0 Local for .NET Framework 4.0

Please let me know, when there are further problems.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:38:37 AM by Cush » Logged
Cabby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »

After reading your last post, I simply did not know to 'right' click on the overall index.  This is embarrassing.   Embarrassed  I was able to get started.

I did follow your other instructions and cross referenced them with your screenshots.  I saved three kings from a chronology of mine.  Before I input too much, how do I make a chart?

Jon.  Roll Eyes
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »

To create a chart you need to select a tree node (entry) that has sub-entries of the types "Person", "Event" or "Period"
You right-click on the node and select "Create Chart" from the context menu.

You will then be asked whether you want to set a common color for all chart elements. For now please click "No".
The Chart dialog opens and it contains a list of the entries that can be displayed in the chart on the left.
When you click the "draw" button, the chart will be created. The program will automatically determine the "Pixels per year" value (to fit the chart into a height of 800 pixels) but you can change the value and re-draw the chart as you wish.

You can move entries from one list to the other by using the context menu of either list, then the result will be a double-chart.
In the Chart-Map tab a areamap will be created in case you want to include the chart in HTML.
You can save the listing of entries to a file and also load a file into the lists, so you can develop a chart over a period of time.
You can add entries from your data and you can new items that are not based on entries.
You can set the indentation for overlapping items.

I will soon implement a way to edit the used color scheme.

Just play around with it a little and tell me your experience.

BTW, I can of course add functionality to the application, e.g. in case you want an entirely different chart design.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:22:47 PM by Cush » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
History-Book Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.