Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 07:10:22 AM

visitors since
june 16, 2005
+  History-Book Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Small Talk
| | |-+  100th post!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 100th post!  (Read 4366 times)
theelf29
researcher

View Profile
100th post!
« on: August 29, 2007, 01:30:20 AM »

My 100th post! Smiley

Here's to, I hope, the next hundred.

To do list

• Mitanni
  • Hellas
  • anything else that I'm told to do lol...
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
Re: 100th post!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 01:38:57 AM »

Yay!! Grin
The most important issues of course is filling the gaps in the great dynastic lines of Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Anatolia. And of course writing some text for each entry...  Wink Shocked  Every now and then I will produce new placemarks, maps and charts, and also the timeline page could use more entries, too. Considering all I will have no shortage of work around here for the next 10 years or so.   Grin
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 01:42:49 AM by Cush » Logged
theelf29
researcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »

Egypt, Anatolia & Mesopotamia, you say? There's quite a lot there that needs checking for synchronisms with other dynasties in the region/elsewhere. I'm sure we can come up with a serviceable scheme in the absence of anything concrete from the pen of Mr. Rohl. Smiley

I could also draft something on attested rulers in Ethiopia and the later Napatan/Meroitic kings. However, the former will be AD and the latter in line with the OC.
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 01:04:53 PM »

Egypt, Anatolia & Mesopotamia, you say? There's quite a lot there that needs checking for synchronisms with other dynasties in the region/elsewhere. I'm sure we can come up with a serviceable scheme in the absence of anything concrete from the pen of Mr. Rohl. Smiley
Well, I think first of all, the FIP and 16th Dynasty of Egypt should be an issue of investigation. Because a complete list of NC dates for Egypt is what folks will be looking for. After all, most criticism of the NC dwells on the gaps and inconsistencies within the NC Egyptian chronology, which is often used as basis and reference for other chronologies.

I could also draft something on attested rulers in Ethiopia and the later Napatan/Meroitic kings. However, the former will be AD and the latter in line with the OC.
As a start, you could maybe use the >list< that is now in the database. It contains the (partially adjusted) information form the Ethiopian King List as published by Rey based on the material from Ras Tafari.
Excel of that list appended (zipped)...

* eth.excel.zip (18.22 KB - downloaded 1 times.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 01:08:04 PM by Cush » Logged
theelf29
researcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 07:39:39 PM »

Well, I think first of all, the FIP and 16th Dynasty of Egypt should be an issue of investigation. Because a complete list of NC dates for Egypt is what folks will be looking for. After all, most criticism of the NC dwells on the gaps and inconsistencies within the NC Egyptian chronology, which is often used as basis and reference for other chronologies.

Hmmm..... was there not a chart displaying the 7th/8th (as well as all the others) in "Legend"?

Afaik one of the major problems with coming up with dates for these, as well as the 16th, is a lack of concensus as to which kings actually belong to these dynasties and what their precise dates are. I'll check to see what sources Rohl uses and attempt to piece something together from these.

As a start, you could maybe use the >list< that is now in the database. It contains the (partially adjusted) information form the Ethiopian King List as published by Rey based on the material from Ras Tafari.

Thanks - I'll make any amendments I can.
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 08:17:18 PM »

Hmmm..... was there not a chart displaying the 7th/8th (as well as all the others) in "Legend"?
Yes, in the appendix of Legend a short outline for each dynasty is given. However, those dates differ considerably from those figures that you posted earlier from Lost Testament.

Afaik one of the major problems with coming up with dates for these, as well as the 16th, is a lack of concensus as to which kings actually belong to these dynasties and what their precise dates are. I'll check to see what sources Rohl uses and attempt to piece something together from these.
The 16th Dynasty is the one ruling from Xois in the Delta, right? And some of the rulers' names suggest a Phoenician origin. However, Wikipedia says they ruled from Waset...

Thanks - I'll make any amendments I can.
I just do not know how to thank you sufficiently for that  Grin
All the lined-through names are those that are invisible on the public website, because I found the source material too unreliable or simply fictitious.

16th Dynasty according to Wikipedia
Anat-her
?
-
?
User-anat
?
-
?
Semqen
?
-
?
Zaket
?
-
?
Wasa
?
-
?
Qar
?
-
?
Pepi III
?
-
?
Bebankh
?
-
?
Nebmaatre
?
-
?
Nikare II
?
-
?
Aahotepre
?
-
?
Nubankhre
?
-
?
Nubuserre
?
-
?
Khauserre
?
-
?
Khamure
?
-
?
Jacob-Baal
?
-
?
YakbamSekkhaenre Yakbam
?
-
?
Yoam
?
-
?
Amu
?
-
?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:36:46 PM by Cush » Logged
theelf29
researcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 02:31:47 AM »

16th Dynasty according to Wikipedia

I've added this, though it's not much use at the moment. There is one possible Biblical synchronism that I've noted.

I believe the 16th reigned from southern Canaan and Pelusium (the 14th - Nehesy et al - reigned from Xois). I'd take the Wikipedia location at Thebes with a pinch of salt - likely the editor confused this dynasty with the 17th.

Anyway, back on topic, congratulations on your own "century"! Grin

I just do not know how to thank you sufficiently for that Grin

Give me beer!  LoL

Edit:

Mind you, this page seems to include Theban pharaohs and lacks the Semitic names commonly assiciated with the 16th. These kings are amongst those I've placed in the 17th.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:34:39 AM by theelf29 » Logged
Cush
administrator
researcher

View Profile WWW
200th post!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 01:18:32 AM »

Wow, you got the 200 !!!
Beer!!! Grin Grin Grin

theelf29
researcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 06:40:35 PM »

Wow, you got the 200 !!!
Beer!!! Grin Grin Grin

How did that happen without me noticing!? lol....

I've a cold so doubt I'd be able to taste any beer Angry but thanks anyway lol....

Hmm.... it's 208 to be precise. 208. Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
History-Book Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.